[CentOS] what happened to netconfig in 5.1

Bart Schaefer barton.schaefer at gmail.com
Mon Dec 3 19:16:01 UTC 2007

On Dec 3, 2007 11:10 AM, Jerry Geis <geisj at pagestation.com> wrote:
> I am doing a yum install netconfig on the new 5.1
> and nothing gets installed. Was it removed? replaced with something else?

As it happens, I *just* read this in the RHEL5.1 release notes a few
moments ago:

* pump is deprecated in this update. As such, configuring your network
  interface through netconfig may result in broken ifcfg scripts.

  To properly configure your network interface, use system-config-network
  instead. Installing the updated system-config-network package removes
  netconfig.