[CentOS] Need a blog server

Steven Haigh netwiz at crc.id.au
Tue Dec 4 13:56:13 UTC 2007

On Tue, Dec 04, 2007 at 08:46:17AM -0500, Robert Moskowitz wrote:
> I want to put up my own blog server.
>
> What is available?  I have searched the our 'standard' 3rd party repos and
> have not noticed anything...

The best featured and easiest to setup blog software would have to be wordpress.
You can download it at www.wordpress.org - it requires apache + php + mysql.

There's a hell of a lot of support for it, and it's very quick to get going.

--
Steven Haigh

Email: netwiz at crc.id.au
Web: http://www.crc.id.au
Phone: (03) 9001 6090 - 0412 935 897

"As soon as we started programming, we found to our surprise that it wasn't as
easy to get programs right as we had thought. Debugging had to be discovered.
I can remember the exact instant when I realized that a large part of my life
from then on was going to be spent in finding mistakes in my own programs."
   -- Maurice Wilkes, designer of EDSAC, on programming, 1949