[CentOS] redhat-release still 5 Final in CentOS 5.1

Bart Schaefer barton.schaefer at gmail.com
Tue Dec 4 16:38:42 UTC 2007

On Dec 4, 2007 2:34 AM, Francesco Camisa
<francesco.camisa at policlinicosanmarco.it> wrote:
> YOU MIGHT WANT TO DOUBLE-CHECK, THE THREAD WAS BRAND NEW.

Your message had References: and In-Reply-To: headers indicating that
you started the "new" thread by doing a "Reply" operation on an
existing message in another thread.  The Subject alone does not a
thread make.

When someone says "do not hijack threads" they mean "do not hit Reply
and then modify the Subject."  Sometimes they also/instead mean "don't
change the topic without changing the subject" but usually it's the
Reply thing.

Now that we've had our netiquette and jargon lessons for the day,
let's go back on topic.