[CentOS] HELP! Group info problem

Robert Moskowitz

rgm at htt-consult.com
Tue Dec 4 19:38:41 UTC 2007

I just tried an install from my local repo (boot from CD 1, use http
method), and it failed right after entering the root password setting with:

Unable to read group information from repositories.
This is a problem with the generation of your install tree.

Reboot

So now what?  Is there something I can just extract from the isos?
(remember I did that rsync).

Is this caused by running createrepo after I copied the CDs, and before
I did the rsync -r (so perhaps my tree info files are newer than those
on mirror.centos.org)?

HELP?