[CentOS] Anyone using sendmail?

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Wed Dec 5 02:22:37 UTC 2007

On Tue, 2007-12-04 at 20:14 -0600, Frank Cox wrote:
> On Wed, 05 Dec 2007 09:09:40 +0700
> Fajar Priyanto <fajarpri at cbn.net.id> wrote:
>
> > Does sendmail support virtual-non-unix-users setup?
>
> What is a virtual non-unix user?  If the user isn't on the (unix) system, then
> where would you keep his mail until it's picked up?
----
of course it does...but I use postfix so I can't help with the details
but I'm certain you can have users in ldap or sql and a mailstore like
cyrus which really couldn't care less if the user has a home directory
at all.

My setup (and I heavily recommend it)...

postfix (MTA),
openldap (user store),
mailscanner (wrapper for spamassasin/clamav/other av),
spamassassin (spam scoring),
clamav (virus/phishing),
sqlgrey (greylisting),
cyrus-imapd (imap/pop3 server)