[CentOS] Install CentOS based distro

Clint Dilks clintd at scms.waikato.ac.nz
Wed Dec 5 03:34:49 UTC 2007

Mário Gamito wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm making a dedicated distribution based on CentOS 5.1
>
> My doubt is about the installation of the "new" distro.
>
> I was thinking about a (K)ubuntu kind of way: the CD/DVD boots, a
> graphical interface appears with an "Install" button, just a click on it
>  and then just wait to finish.
>
> Now, I'd like to avoid building RPMs for my added software. Is this
> possible this way ?
>
> Other suggestions are welcome.
>
> Any help would be appreciated.
>
> Warm Regards,
> Mário Gamito

Hi I would actually recommend that you do create your own RPMS.  RPMS
are the package management system that works best with CentOS.   It can
seem daunting at first but really isn't that hard once you have done it
a couple of times.

One other comment I will make is that depending on your needs Fedora may
be a better choice as a lot of tools have come out that support creating
your own distribution.  In particular things like Revisor.

Good luck