[CentOS] Need a blog server

David G. Miller dave at davenjudy.org
Wed Dec 5 15:13:10 UTC 2007

Steven Haigh <netwiz at crc.id.au> wrote:

> On Tue, Dec 04, 2007 at 08:46:17AM -0500, Robert Moskowitz wrote:
>> > I want to put up my own blog server.
>> >
>> > What is available?  I have searched the our 'standard' 3rd party repos and
>> > have not noticed anything...
>>

> The best featured and easiest to setup blog software would have to be wordpress.
> You can download it at www.wordpress.org - it requires apache + php + mysql.
>
> There's a hell of a lot of support for it, and it's very quick to get going.
>
> -- Steven Haigh
Another vote for WordPress here but a good resource for comparing the
choices is at:

http://asymptomatic.net/blogbreakdown.htm

I pulled down the tarball for WordPress on 27 November and had it up and
running fairly quickly (but not within their "five minute" install).
Appropriately, I documented why it took me a little longer on my blog
once it was running: http://davenjudy.org/wordpress/?p=9

Cheers,
Dave

-- Ambrose Bierce