[CentOS] SCSI controller suggestions for a 5.x server?

Rob Lines

rlinesseagate at gmail.com
Wed Dec 5 17:32:42 UTC 2007

We are preparing for a new file server (Dell 2970) with an external disk
array with integrated RAID (raidking.com).  The array presents via Ultra 320
SCSI.  We are looking for anyone that has had experience or opinions on SCSI
cards without RAID that have a good performance working under CentOS 5.x.
Any suggestions/comments on the controllers with large storage especially at
or above 2tb would be appreciated.

Any help would be appretiated and any additional information that is needed
please ask.

Thank you,
Rob Lines