[CentOS] SCSI bad block table display

Hugh E Cruickshank

hugh at forsoft.com
Wed Dec 5 20:13:13 UTC 2007

Hi All:

Is there a utility available that will allow for the dump/display of
the bad track table of a SCSI drive. We had this capability on SCO
OSR5 but I have not been able to locate anything similar for Linux.
The closest I have found is the badblocks utility that is part of the
e2fsprogs package but this appears to only test for bad blocks not
display the current bad block table contents.

I have done quite a bit of searching with Google but either it does
not exist or (more than likely) I am using the wrong search parameters.

TIA

Regards, Hugh

--
Hugh E Cruickshank, Forward Software, www.forward-software.com