[CentOS] Re: yumex in CentOS 5.1 "extras" repository

Johnny Hughes johnny at centos.org
Wed Dec 5 21:20:53 UTC 2007

Ioannis Vranos wrote:
> Scott Silva wrote:
>>
>>> I don't understand the question. I am currently using 2.0.2 from EPEL
>>> which is the latest official version mentioned in yumex site, and
>>> 2.0.3 is the yumex version available in fedora core 9. Why don;t you
>>> use 2.0.2 at least, but 2.0.1?
>> If you want the newest code available, you should be installing
>> Fedora. If you want a stable server OS you install CentOS, or pay for
>> support and install RHEL.
>
> No, I like stability too, that's why I am using CentOS. However 2.0.x
> releases are bug fixes, not new releases.

True, and they do address bugs, and we may upgrade, but not all people
DO follow the move to 2.1.x or 3.x.x for all abi changes, etc.

So, the bottom line for all of these things are, if I don't see problems
in bugs.centos.org that are affecting someone's ability to use a product
... and if it seems to be working as is ... then it probably will not be
upgraded.

But, there may updates.

Again, other than a new version is released, what is the compelling
reason to upgrade. :D