[CentOS] 5.x install - loses display when launching anaconda

Tom Lanyon

tom at netspot.com.au
Wed Dec 5 21:47:34 UTC 2007

Hi all,

Trying to install 5.0 or 5.1 (i386 or x86_64) on a new system from an
install DVD. As soon as the installer launches anaconda, the screen
shuts off and from this point I'm unable to switch to any other tty.
This is an Intel core2duo machine on an Intel P35 chipset motherboard,
Geforce 8400GS video card connected to a BenQ 20" widescreen LCD.

Any ideas what could cause this behaviour or how to debug further
(obviously I can't see any error messages as my virtual consoles are
no loner available)?

I think I'll try installing via a serial console when I get home and
see if I have more success.

Regards,
Tom