[CentOS] heartbeat 1.2.5 on CentOS 5?

Amos Shapira amos.shapira at gmail.com
Wed Dec 5 22:19:25 UTC 2007

On 06/12/2007, Matt Shields <mattboston at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Dec 5, 2007 6:32 AM, Johnny Hughes <johnny at centos.org> wrote:
> > Amos Shapira wrote:
> > > Hello,
> > >
> > > Has anyone got Heartbeat 1.2.5 (latest Heartbeat 1 version) to compile
> > > and run on CentOS 5?
> > >
> > > I downloaded the source but hit difficulties compiling it, presumebly
> > > because it was never quite tweaked to run on the latest version.
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > >
> > > --Amos
> >
> > Why not run heartbeat-2 from the centos extras repo.  Heartbeat-2 will
> > use heartbeat-1.x configuration files and should be compatible.
> >

> Ditto.  It works a lot better, and there are RPMS available for it.

I'm trying heartbeat 1 after two weeks of getting nothing but core
dumps and fialures from heartbeat 2 from the repository for the last
two weeks, with a long thread of questions and no good answers on the
linux-ha mailing list.

The setup I plan is very basic - a master/slave of two nodes only with
DRBD. I suppose heartbeat 1 might be adequate for that.

What do you mean by "a lot better"? In what sense?

BTW - I found instructions for using "rpmbuild -ta ...tar.gz" and now
need to complete the dependencies to make it install on CentOS 5.

Thanks,

--Amos