[CentOS] Need a sendmail help mail list

Robert Moskowitz rgm at htt-consult.com
Thu Dec 6 04:31:59 UTC 2007

replies-lists-a1z2-centos at listmail.innovate.net wrote:
> do you have "fax.foo.com" in /etc/mail/local-host-names ? if not that
> name won't be seen as local and sendmail on 192.168.1.100 will try to
> relay mail to that fqdn (that's directed to it due the the dns entry).

welll,,,,,,

fax.foo.com is. But 222.fax.foo.com is not. Nor is sales.fax.foo.com or
2342.fax.foo.com, etc.

the design here is that the fax server will dial an extension and on the
header page indicate the fax is for user (user at ext.fax.foo.com). This is
what all the documentation points to. The arg for faxmail is: -d user at ext