[CentOS] Replacement for Linux-HA (heartbeat) - RedHat cluster?

Amos Shapira amos.shapira at gmail.com
Thu Dec 6 06:15:19 UTC 2007

On 06/12/2007, Matt Shields <mattboston at gmail.com> wrote:
> I could probably bet you that you doing this on VM's is what's causing
> the problem.  Grab some cheap old hardware and try setting this up on
> real machines.  It will work.

The problem is that we don't have spare hardware lying around (we run
a tight shop).

Besides - I imagine there are good uses for running such stuff on Xen
guests (e.g. two VPS's on two separate real hosts, or even for testing
just like I do).

Tonight I'll try to switch our Debian Etch Xen host to CentOS so I can
try it between real machines.

In the mean time, I managed to compile and run heartbeat 1.2.5 and now
looking at how to actually configure resources for it.

Cheers,

--Amos