[CentOS] Filesystem that doesn't store duplicate data

Peter Arremann loony at loonybin.org
Thu Dec 6 14:12:50 UTC 2007

On Thursday 06 December 2007, Ruslan Sivak wrote:
> I'm not very knowledgeable on how filesystems work.  Is there a primer I
> can brush up on somewhere?  I'm thinking about implementing a proof of
> concept using Java and Fuse.
>
> Russ

This is really a google question - most stuff is available online and
documented pretty well...

This is one that has a very good structure to it but may be a little hard to
read:

http://hssl.cs.jhu.edu/papers/peterson-ext3cow03.pdf

Sun has some nice, entry level stuff on zfs

http://www.sun.com/software/media/real/zfs_learningcenter/high_bandwidth.html

If you want to go deeper into zfs, Jeff Bonwick's blog has a lot of different
articles about it

http://blogs.sun.com/bonwick/category/ZFS

Peter.