[CentOS] A few questions about remastering

Jim Perrin jperrin at gmail.com
Thu Dec 6 14:54:51 UTC 2007

On Dec 6, 2007 9:46 AM, Mário Gamito <gamito at gmail.com> wrote:

> Now that Prof. Dan Bernstein has put his software in public domain, I'd
> like to create a distro based on CentOS that installs a complete email
> server.

<gasoline> Centos comes with multiple fully functional and RFC/LSB
compliant email servers. Why add another non-standard one?</gasoline>

Alternatively, why rebuild a separate distro just for a mail server?
Why not package it up and contribute to the already existing centos
repos like  extras, or centosplus, or maybe even a new repo? Rather
than dilute the user pool, adding valuable contributions like this
would seek to increase the userbase, and provide you with a rather
large existing userbase.

George Orwell