[CentOS] Re: Load Balancing

Rajagopal Swaminathan

raju.rajsand at gmail.com
Thu Dec 6 19:00:18 UTC 2007

Greetings,

First let me thank the gentleman who allayed my fears about CentOS 5.1's
"yum update" download size. but all the same it turned out to be in
megabytes. not to mention the k3b *roasted* couple of DVD's to uselessness
and I am still giving explanations to the stupid ancient,retired, former
stupid cretin bean counters masquerading as "managers" and "management
Accountants" on. a piddly amount wasted.

I found this thread in the GMANE list as I subscribed to this list rather
late.

Let me propose a solution:

Let two nodes run the greatest ever CentOS 5.0 on two nodes.

Let two nodes of the cluster run DRBD 0.8 and export block devices in
Primary/Primary mode and the GFS be mounted on them.

Let the NFS export be a managed service of the Cluster infrastructure from
these nodes exporting the NFS on a cluster managed virtual IP as rw.

let n (as permitted by the infrastructure) nodes import NFS as client on
their nodes. and do the job

I am seeing a 3-node cluster exactly that far past fes days and naturally,
given the maturity of CentOS 5, do that for, hopefully, ever.

In the ,eantime of the replies hopefully the readers will enjoy the
solutions proposed by me

regards,

Rajagopal