[CentOS] Error 451 when clients try to send emails

Ed Morrison

edward.morrison at gmail.com
Thu Dec 6 21:52:37 UTC 2007

Hi Everyone.  I am trying to gifure out why I am getting a 451 error when
clients are trying to send email:

Client error:
Task 'mail.csdsinc.com - Sending' reported error (0x800CCC6A) : 'Your
outgoing (SMTP) e-mail server has reported an internal error. If you
continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or
Internet service provider (ISP).  The server responded: 451 mail server
temporarily rejected message (#4.3.0)'

Here is a tail of my smtp log.

@4000000047586d0f1cf5eae4 simscan: connect error 2
@4000000047586d0f1d36b4d4 connect(): Connection refused
@4000000047586d0f1d3e6594 qmail-smtpd: qq soft reject (mail server
temporarily rejected message (#4.3.0)): MAILFROM:<removed to protect the
innocent@@edgemore.com> RCPTTO:removed top protect the innocent at csdsinc.com

Clam & Spam logs are normal.

Any ideas?

Thanks,