[CentOS] Re: Error 451 when clients try to send emails

Scott Silva ssilva at sgvwater.com
Thu Dec 6 22:17:18 UTC 2007

on 12/6/2007 1:52 PM Ed Morrison spake the following:
> Hi Everyone.  I am trying to gifure out why I am getting a 451 error
> when clients are trying to send email:
>
> Client error:
> Task 'mail.csdsinc.com <http://mail.csdsinc.com> - Sending' reported
> error (0x800CCC6A) : 'Your outgoing (SMTP) e-mail server has reported an
> internal error. If you continue to receive this message, contact your
> server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).  The server
> responded: 451 mail server temporarily rejected message (#4.3.0)'
>

> Here is a tail of my smtp log.
>
> @4000000047586d0f1cf5eae4 simscan: connect error 2
> @4000000047586d0f1d36b4d4 connect(): Connection refused
> @4000000047586d0f1d3e6594 qmail-smtpd: qq soft reject (mail server
> temporarily rejected message (#4.3.0)): MAILFROM:<removed to protect the
> innocent@@ edgemore.com <http://edgemore.com>> RCPTTO:removed top
> protect the innocent at csdsinc.com
> <mailto:innocent at csdsinc.com>
>
> Clam & Spam logs are normal.
>

> Any ideas?

Since Qmail isn't a supported package on CentOS, you will get less help than
you probably want. But SMEServer is based on CentOS and uses qmail. Maybe they
have some clues if you troll their FAQ's or list.

--
MailScanner is like deodorant...
You hope everybody uses it, and