[CentOS] re-installing a package without removing it?

Amos Shapira

amos.shapira at gmail.com
Fri Dec 7 00:54:06 UTC 2007

Hello,

I've just noticed that the file /etc/ha.d/resource.d/drbddisk, which
belongs to package drbd-8.0.6-1.el5.centos, is missing from one of my
test machines:

# rpm --verify drbd
S.5....T c /etc/drbd.conf
missing     /etc/ha.d/resource.d/drbddisk

I'm looking at this as an opporunity to learn something about RPM
which bugged me for a while - in Debian, aptitude and apt-get provide
options to re-install existing package without removing it.

If I understand this correctly, then "rpm -i --force
drbd-8.0.6-1.el5.centos.rpm" would re-install the package. Is this
correct?

The rpm solution would require me to find and manually download the
rpm file. Is there a way to do this through yum?

Thanks,

--Amos