[CentOS] Kickstart + CentOS 5 = doesn't prompt for network information?

Ray Van Dolson

rvandolson at esri.com
Fri Dec 7 01:09:28 UTC 2007

This may be more appropriate for an upstream list.  That said...

I'm doing kickstart setups of CentOS 5.  My kickstart config includes a
network configuration item.  Depending on options passed at boot-time,
the network config item may or may not include a --hostname option, but
always specifies eth0.

When I do a kickstart install, I notice that even though I am using
'interactive' (basically so the user can override any of the kickstart
settings should they need to), the networking screen never pops up and
the values from my network get used.  If the usr didn't provide a
hostname entry on bootup, then localhost.localdomain gets used as the
system hostname.

I'd like for the user to be able to select the hostname via the
installation wizard as they would normally in a non-kickstart install.

Perhaps for CentOS 5 kickstarts I should just not include the network
option at all in order to make the network configuration screen
accessible inside the installer?

Ray