[CentOS] perl-libnet on CentOS 5?

Johnny Hughes johnny at centos.org
Fri Dec 7 16:42:34 UTC 2007

Amos Shapira wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Is there any package on CentOS 5 which provides perl-libnet? Beartbeat
> 1 depends on it but so far I couldn't find a package.
>
> Also - is there a way to find which non-installed package contains
> files with matching names (a-la Debian's apt-file)? I know about "rpm
> -qf" but it only works on packages which are already  installed.
>
> I saw some place mentioning a command called "pin" but I couldn't find
> it (sort of "chicken and egg"?).

That is a suse / centos difference.

You can just remove that require.

If you go back into the vault in the extras directory, you will find a
version 1 RPM for centos-4.

You said you had segfaults with the version-2 heartbeat in another thread.

I find this quite uncommon as we have many users of heartbeat.

I am using it on dozens of machines personally.

In the last 5 days from a centos.org mirror a heartbeat rpm has been
installed by yum 235 times .. in the last month 1122 times.

We have bout 200 mirrors that are external to us and not monitored logs
and only 28 that are monitored, so the number of actual installs could
be 6-7 times that amount.

Thanks,
Johnny Hughes