[CentOS] Sendmail: timeout waiting for input from local during Draining Input

David Mackintosh

David.Mackintosh at xdroop.com
Fri Dec 7 16:54:26 UTC 2007

Hi folks,

I've recently replaced a RedHat EL 3.x system with a CentOS 5 system
(fully yum'd as of Tuesday).  This was a full-pave install, although
we did copy the sendmail.mc from the original system.

Now I get a lot of this in my logs:

Dec  7 11:47:38 mail sendmail[20117]: lB7Gl6w0020116: timeout waiting for input from local during Draining Input

The only thing even remotely credible is a Sendmail Known Bugs page
which suggests it is a chatty local delivery agent, but since this is
happening with outbound messages I don't think I believe this.

Does anyone have any ideas what Sendmail is trying to tell me here?

--
 /\oo/\
/ /()\ \ David Mackintosh |