[CentOS] remote ssh to machine how display firefox

Karanbir Singh mail-lists at karan.org
Fri Dec 7 23:10:30 UTC 2007

Clint Dilks wrote:
>>> ssh -X <machine to connect to> firefox
>> you prolly meant -Y :D
>>
> Ok well just double checked and tested it here and -X works here.  I
> knew about -Y but thought you only use that if you absolutely have too :)

the reason I would prefer -Y is that its ( well, the man page says
anyway ) more secure than -X. Also, these days a lot of admins will
disable -X functionality on machines. Have not come across anywhere -Y
didnt work ( and the host OS was installed in the last 5 years ).

I am not doubting that -X will mostly work, but perhaps we should be
promoting the idea of -Y a bit more.