[CentOS] remote ssh to machine how display firefox

Bill Campbell centos at celestial.com
Sat Dec 8 00:10:14 UTC 2007

On Sat, Dec 08, 2007, Les Bell wrote:

>Les Mikesell <lesmikesell at gmail.com> wrote:
>

>What's a 'trusted' forwarding mean as opposed to any other kind?
><<
>
>A trusted X11 client will bypass the security controls specified in the X11
>Security Extension Specification (see
>http://refspecs.freestandards.org/X11/security.pdf). In general, you don't
>want to enable this unless you have to. Notice that "trusted forwarding"
>trusts the users to all be good guys.
>
>(In fact, if you're on a trusted network, you shouldn't need to use SSH at
>all, since you trust the devices (and their users) attached to the network
>not to do nasty things like network sniffing, MitM attacks, etc.).

True enough, but ssh makes the X11 DISPLAY things so easy!  One
doesn't have to much with xhosts and such.

Bill

It is surprising how much new stuff users find that developers never do.
You put a copy in front of a normal user and they find all these bugs that
you would think developers would find. The real users and developers are
completely different species as far as I am concerned.
    --Linux creator Linus Torvalds