[CentOS] remote ssh to machine how display firefox

Les Bell lesbell at lesbell.com.au
Sat Dec 8 00:20:54 UTC 2007

Bill Campbell <centos at celestial.com> wrote:

>(In fact, if you're on a trusted network, you shouldn't need to use SSH at
>all, since you trust the devices (and their users) attached to the network
>not to do nasty things like network sniffing, MitM attacks, etc.).

True enough, but ssh makes the X11 DISPLAY things so easy!  One
doesn't have to much with xhosts and such.
<<

Let me amplify (sorry for another post!): I was really making a point about
the nature of trust, not the convenience of SSH. If you think you want to
enabled trusted forwarding (-Y), ask yourself "Would I be happy telneting
into this host?". If the answer is yes, then use trusted forwarding. If the
answer is no, then don't.

Best,

--- Les Bell, RHCE, CISSP
[http://www.lesbell.com.au]