[CentOS] Chipset support for 6750 Intel CPUs

Drew Weaver

drew.weaver at thenap.com
Sat Dec 8 04:04:47 UTC 2007

Howdy,

We've noticed that the new chipsets required for the **50 series of intel processors is not supported in CentOS 5.

We've tried the DG31 board which (realtek nic unsupported) DG33 no support for disk controller or NICs.  We also tried the dx38bt and there was no support.

Fedora 8 apparently works great with all of the boards we tried. My question is, will there these boards not be supported via the installer until CentOS 6?

I realize that the driver support comes from upstream, but it would be cool if they made a easy way to use a newer/updated kernel in the installer.

Thanks,
-Drew