[CentOS] kernel-vm.i686 5.0-->5.1 "Error: Missing Dependency: kernel-headers is needed by package glibc-headers"

Johnny Hughes johnny at centos.org
Sat Dec 8 06:41:19 UTC 2007

John Thomas wrote:
> Cough, cough, cough (I have a bit of a cold, please excuse me)
> Thanks for the great CentOS.
>
> I assume the following means I need to humbly ask for the kernel-vm for
> 5.1, but I am not certain.  If so, I hereby humbly ask.
>
> --> Running transaction check
> --> Processing Dependency: kernel-headers for package: glibc-headers
> --> Processing Dependency: kernel-headers >= 2.2.1 for package:
> glibc-headers
> --> Finished Dependency Resolution
> Error: Missing Dependency: kernel-headers >= 2.2.1 is needed by package
> glibc-headers
> Error: Missing Dependency: kernel-headers is needed by package
> glibc-headers
>
> CentOS5[root at somevbox ~]# rpm -qa | grep kernel
> kernel-vm-headers-2.6.18-8.1.10.el5.vm.c5
> kernel-vm-2.6.18-8.1.15.el5
> kernel-vm-2.6.18-8.1.14.el5.centos.plus
> kernel-vm-devel-2.6.18-8.1.15.el5

We are going to build the kernel-vm for 5.1 fairly soon, but please
understand that we are trying to push 5.1 and get the centosplus stuff
for that done ... and that we are also trying to push 4.6 and it's
centosplus stuff ... and rebase our builders on those new updated
systems too.

The kernel-vm are the first priority after that.

Please understand when upstream does 2 point release update sets back to
back, it is going to take a bit of time for us to catch up.

Thanks,
Johnny Hughes