[CentOS] yum freezing when removing old kernel

Dave

dmehler26 at woh.rr.com
Sat Dec 8 21:24:49 UTC 2007

Hello,
    Today i ran a yum update and installed kernel 2.6.18.53.1 from
centosplus. I then rebooted to ensure i was running it. I was and went to
remove the previous kernel and kernel-devel packages v2.6.18.53 also from
centosplus. In both cases yum gets to the running transaction check then
hangs, i don't get any errors it just sits there. I have to manually kill
the yum process to resolve this. This does not happen with any other package
add/removals. Any suggestions?
Thanks.
Dave.