[CentOS] perl-File-Temp problem

Mark Pryor tlviewer at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 9 04:47:20 UTC 2007

--- FTNX <ftnx at ksbase.com> wrote:

> On Saturday 08 December 2007 22:40, Mark Pryor
> wrote:
>
> > unless you tried to upgrade it from CPAN, I don't
> see
> > how you got out-of-sync.
>
> No. I had to learn the hard way not to use CPAN. I
> have two Centos 5 machines
> that have been updated only with Yum, with the
> default repos +  rpmforge.
> They both stopped updating with the same error:
>
> Transaction Check Error:
>   file /usr/share/man/man3/File::Temp.3pm.gz from
> install of
> perl-File-Temp-0.19-1.el5.rf conflicts with file
> from package
> perl-5.8.8-10.el5_0.2
>
> I started looking for the problem, when amavisd-new
> failed with an error
> pointing to File::Temp.

Try
#yum remove perl-File-Temp

the first time, hit [N]. If it looks like YUM can
remove it without damaging perl or anything else, then
go ahead and let it do it.

Go look for the perl.src.rpm that matches your version
and extract the core File::Temp and copy it into your
perl tree.

rpm2cpio perl.i386.src.rpm | cpio -ivd
/usr/lib/perl5/5.8.x/File/Temp.pm

I have many of the details fudged here, but the
extraction is right. Maybe someone else has a better
idea.

--
Mark