[CentOS] KMIDI problem

fred smith

fredex at fcshome.stoneham.ma.us
Sun Dec 9 12:37:41 UTC 2007

Hi gang!

Running 5.1 with Gnome as the default desktop, but have installed KDE
too so I can run kde apps.

Kmidi is the default midi player, so if I click on a midi file in firefox
it brings up KMIDI.

KMIDI goes merrily along playing the file, but I get NO SOUND.

My motherboard has built in audio but it's disabled and I"m using an
old Audiopci 128 card which seems to work fine for everything else.
(Why? because it sounds MUCH better than the ac97 junk)

Clues for making midi work?

Thanks!
--
---- Fred Smith -- fredex at fcshome.stoneham.ma.us ------------------------ ----