[CentOS] remote ssh to machine how display firefox

Brent L. Bates blbates at vigyan.com
Mon Dec 10 13:05:05 UTC 2007

     I've looked over the man page for `ssh' and `ssh_config' on several
systems and I think people have it backwards.  The pages I read indicate that
`-X' is more secure than `-Y'.  Under the `-X' part on several systems I have
access to says:

	"For this reason, X11 forwarding is subjected to X11 SECURITY
	 extension restrictions by default."

     The `-Y' says:

	"Trusted X11 forwardings are not subjected to the X11 SECURITY
	 extension controls."

     I would think being subjected to security controls would be more secure
than not being subjected to them.

--

  Brent L. Bates (UNIX Sys. Admin.)
  M.S. 912				Phone:(757) 865-1400, x204