[CentOS] unstable kernel after update to CentOS 4.5

Kai Schaetzl maillists at conactive.com
Mon Dec 10 15:05:42 UTC 2007

Nicolas Thierry-Mieg wrote on Mon, 10 Dec 2007 15:25:04 +0100:

> smartctl -t short /dev/hda  (perform short test)
> smartctl -l selftest /dev/hda  (check SMART selftest log)

Nicolas, thanks for the suggestion. The short test completed without any
error and all smart values shown with smartctl -a are way over the
threshold, most in the 250+ area.

What I'm wondering about is the LifeTime(hours) given in the selftest log.
Is this the remaining lifetime? That's still good for two years.

Kai

--
Kai Schätzl, Berlin, Germany