[CentOS] Clustering MySQL

Ryan Ordway rordway at oregonstate.edu
Tue Dec 11 18:07:33 UTC 2007

On Dec 11, 2007, at 9:42 AM, Karanbir Singh wrote:

> Matt Shields wrote:
>> the code).  But I saw a presentation at the Boston MySQL Meetup.com
>> group about how to do master-master in mysql 5.  We're about to
>> implement this in the next few weeks.  If it's done this way both
>
> that is imho, a mysql-5.1 only feature, where you can have rbr and
> multimaster setups that actually work. and 5.1 isnt quite ready for
> release as yet :D

I'm running a multi-master setup with 5.0 in production with a
moderate amount of success. I did try 5.1 a few months ago and it died
a horrible, fiery death.

You will definitely need auto_increment_increment and
auto_increment_offset and replicate-same-server-id set to 0.

FYI, I recently took a MySQL High Availability class, and multi-master
is definitely not a standard configuration. It was only briefly
touched on, and only one other person there had it running in
production. But, while it's not officially supported they do their
best to make it work.

Specifically, what makes you say it is a 5.1 only feature? What does
5.1 give you that makes it easier than 5.0?

Ryan

Ryan Ordway                           E-mail: rordway at oregonstate.edu
Unix Systems Administrator               rordway at library.oregonstate.edu
OSU Libraries, Corvallis, OR 97331    Office: Valley Library #4657