[CentOS] CentOS 5 sysreport

Alfred von Campe alfred at von-campe.com
Tue Dec 11 21:13:45 UTC 2007

>> Well, care to elaborate?
>>
> Well, sysreport has been deprecated by sos in 5.1 :)

Oh, that problem.  Yeah, well, sosreport has the same problem on my
system: it doesn't work.  The reason is that /usr/sbin/sysreport is a
symlink to /usr/sbin/sosreport:

   -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 28439 Nov 11 20:02 /usr/sbin/sosreport
   lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root    19 Dec 11 15:24 /usr/sbin/sysreport -> /
usr/sbin/sosreport

I kickstarted the system again, this time without applying the 5.1
updates, and the problem persists.  If I remove sos, download the
sysreport RPM and install it, I can get sysreport to work (without
the above warning).

Hold the presses.  I just figured out the problem.  I had another
version of Python in the path ahead of /usr/bin/python.  I have
everything working now.  Sorry for wasting your time on what turned
out to be a local configuration issue.

Alfred