[CentOS] Clustering MySQL

Karanbir Singh mail-lists at karan.org
Tue Dec 11 23:10:01 UTC 2007

Matt Shields wrote:

> If this were master-slave, I'd probably do an LVM Snapshot and get a
> fresh copy of the master db.  The same could be done for
> master-master.

has a live lvm-snapshot ever worked for you as a real move-data-around
policy ? you would, at the very least, need to flush in memory data, and
have a system wide write lock in place while the snapshot is created.

its been a tempting idea, but so far of the few people I know having
tried this lvm snapshoting, have never actually managed to get it
working right for mysql dumps. So, would be good to hear from someone
who has it working.