[CentOS] Problem with driver disk on amd64

Fridtjof Busse

fbusse at gmx.de
Wed Dec 12 08:03:37 UTC 2007

Hi,

I have a really strange problem with a driver disk
(http://wiki.centos.org/HardwareList/RealTekRTL8111b) on amd64.
I'm remotly booting the system via isolinux-files, so I unfortunatly
do not have access to relevant logs, all I can see the the primary
console/screen.
With i386, the driver disk works just fine and I can install via http.
But with amd64, the installer complains no driver for the hardware
could be found, which again keeps me from installing the system.
Due to the lack of RTL8111 hardware, I cannot debug this locally
either.
Does anybody have an idea what might be wrong?

Thanks.
--
Fridtjof Busse