[CentOS] Problem with driver disk on amd64

Fridtjof Busse fbusse at gmx.de
Wed Dec 12 11:35:31 UTC 2007

* Fabian Arrotin <fabian.arrotin at arrfab.net>:
> > Thanks for the hint, it seems to work.
> > Now could someone please explain to me why selecting the driver
> > disk by hand (having booted with 'linux dd') doesn't work, but
> > creating a kickstart-config that points to a partition with the
> > driver disk works?
> >
> What was the line you used with dd= ..

Nothing after dd.
dd simply tells the system to ask for a driver disk, which it did.
The LARA remote console allowed me to point it to the correct image by
hand. But then the x86_64 image complained that it couldn't find a
working driver. The i386 image worked (but as I wanted x86_64, that was
of little help).
With the driver disk on a partition and using a kickstart-file, it
worked with x86_64 as well.

--
Fridtjof Busse