[CentOS] Going back to old kernels?

Kai Schaetzl

maillists at conactive.com
Wed Dec 12 13:31:00 UTC 2007

As the latest 4.5 kernel (2.6.9-55.0.12.EL) is unstable for me (crashes
about once a day) I want to go back to the rock solid kernel that I had
before the update (2.6.9-34.0.2.EL). If nothing else then to confirm it's
not a kernel problem.
Are there any current packages that might not work with this older kernel?
As kernels don't get updated but installed the old kernel is still there
and I would just need to change the grub.conf. Anything else?
As this is a remote machine I would at least need to be able to login via
ssh if not everything is ok.

Thanks.

Kai

--