[CentOS] "yum --security" and staying with 5.0

Karanbir Singh mail-lists at karan.org
Wed Dec 12 14:03:10 UTC 2007

Kai Schaetzl wrote:
> Karanbir Singh wrote on Wed, 12 Dec 2007 13:19:17 +0000:
>
>> I read it again, and I still dont see how you might infer that changing
>> the string in redhat-release is going to change your repo interface.
>
> Well, you changed it ;-) Before the change I read it the way that if the
> release string would be "5.1 (final)" yum would not automatically update
> to 5.2, only within the 5.1 stream.

you can still read the version from before my change - and even there it
clearly states that you need to change yum configs etc to make changes
to the repos your system seems. There is no mention or indication to
anything requiring a change in the redhat-release file.

> As it seems there will now also be minor version releases?

I've just changed it a bit - mostly to signify that there is no such
thing in 5.0.z - that will only start with 5.2 release.