[CentOS] [OT] Connecting to a Windows server via NFS

Rick Barnes

linux at sitevision.com
Wed Dec 12 15:56:36 UTC 2007

Hello,

I realize this may be off-topic for this mailing-list, but at this point
I am not sure where the problem is continue troubleshooting. We have a
server that has Windows Unified Data Storage Server that is supposed the
be able to provide NFS shares. I have attempted to setup a NFS share and
I think I have it setup correctly on the server. I have the User
Mappings created on the Windows server and share setup.

When I mount the share from my CentOS server, I get this:

# mount -o rw storage:/share /srv/nfs
# ls -l
total 1
drwx------  2 4294967294        4294967294 64 Dec 11 14:46 nfs
# ls -l nfs
ls: nfs: Permission denied

My guess would be permissions on the Windows server, but the test it, I
have setup "Everyone" to have full control of the share while I test it.
If anyone has experience with SFU and would be will to give me some
pointers that would be great.

Thanks,
Rick