[CentOS] Suitable VPN RPM on centos 5?

Indunil Jayasooriya

indunil75 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 13 11:20:42 UTC 2007

Hi all,

Our customer wants to install a VPN server on Centos 5 box.

This is what the remote site says. pls read below.

We now have the new firewall & router installed in our office, that supports
a secure VPN connection.

We need to enter your Peer IP and your Private IP in our device. They
indicated xxxx.xxxx.xxxx/24 as format for the Private IP.

The settings you need to know at our end are the following (remote site info
is given below)

Peer IP: 194.237.227.202
Server IP: 192.168.0.2 / 255.255.255.255
Pre-shared key: d769hdsKJ
Ike, Phase1: 3des, sha, dh2
Ipsec, Phase2: 3des, sha

Now, Could you pls let me know the suitable VPN pkg for the above
configurations. Can I use Open VPN?

What about Open Swan or Free Swan ?

I prefer to install RPMs. Where can I find RPMs for the right pkg?

I googled and found some info. Below is the URL to download for OpenSwan.

http://www.openswan.org/download/binaries/rhel/3/i386/

It says , RPM s are available for RHEL3. Can I use it for CENTOS 5. (rhel5)

or should I use Fedora 4 RPMs. pls see below URl.

http://www.openswan.org/download/binaries/fedora/4/i386/

Or I there a RIGHT RPM for CENTOS 5.

Any help is highly appreciated

--