[CentOS] Regd: iptables port forward and response from the forwarding port

Balaji

balajisundar at midascomm.com
Thu Dec 13 14:18:14 UTC 2007

Dear All,

I am still new to iptables and need some clarification and My Current Setup is CentOS 4.4

I need to implement some sort of transparent proxy server for the rsync protocol.
(In case you don't know: rsync uses tcp and the standard port 873).

I want to port forward the rsync client request to server2 from server1 and Details are given below

1. I am Execute the rsync command from client to server1 (192.168.13.165:8888 i.e with dummy port number )
2. In Server1 192.168.13.165 will redirect the rsync request from client to sever2 (192.168.13.205 with default port number)
3. Transfer the data from server2 to rsync client

The following requirement is possible by using iptables

Thanks for reading / answering!

Any help appreciated...

Regards
-S.Balaji