[CentOS] "yum --security" and staying with 5.0

Kai Schaetzl maillists at conactive.com
Thu Dec 13 14:31:57 UTC 2007

Ralph Angenendt wrote on Wed, 12 Dec 2007 17:27:44 +0100:

> That is a (common) misinterpretation coming from our native language.
> What you mean would be the "last version of the 5 series". The latest
> means current (as in "the latest and greatest version of them all").

Oh, well. I *do* know the difference, but it seems in this context I got
it wrong. I'm not so sure, though, if "current" would have made a
difference. I still think the use of "latest" and "point" (or "current")
release is ambiguous, as these "values" shift over time. Wouldn't this be
better (also note the second example at the end):

Starting from CentOS 5.1 the Upstream OS Provider will be providing
updates for each minor version release (5.1.1,5.1.2 ...) for a period of
time next to the corresponding major version release (5.1).

Kai

--
Kai Schätzl, Berlin, Germany