[CentOS] phpmyadmin issue- what's really working at this time?

Brian

brian-list at comcast.net
Thu Dec 13 20:34:34 UTC 2007

Basic phpmyadmin issue, but I can't seem to solve it.

Qube3 with CentOS 4.5, PHP4.3.9, BlueQuartz.

phpmyadmin was working a while but after long disuse, the index.php
now just displays as text.

DirectoryIndex in httpd.conf at
/etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf
/etc/admserv/conf/httpd.conf

has index.php added.

/etc/httpd/conf.d/php.conf
if I uncomment the AddType to bring in *.php, the phpmyadmin startup
breaks but clicking on the direct link to config.inc.php gives a
blank screen (so I guess loads fine).

/etc/admserv/conf.d/php.conf
already had the Addtype uncommented but it doesn't seem to be used(?)

If I put 2.8.* phpmyadmin in per the BQ wiki (and config it minimally
as the example), apache fails to load, same for 2.10.

Should this be fine with the 2.7?  I didn't touch it :), it seems to
have broken as part of regular yum updates-- perhaps the php update
in Sept? (I haven't used phpmyadmin for a long time).

What is supposed to be working at this time with our aging base?
I'll then put that on and then troubleshoot from there.

Thanks-

Brian