[CentOS] Expandable network storage

Ross S. W. Walker rwalker at medallion.com
Mon Dec 17 14:39:49 UTC 2007

No it probably would not provide the performance unless run on 10 Gbe. Of course that depends on the number of write transactions, 1Gbe maxs around 100MB/s, so if you need faster performance look elsewhere.

I doubt it's reliability too, nbd is a simple protocol, but as such doesn't provide for error recovery.

Best bet, build performance storage with redundancy on 1 server, then if budget allows duplicate it on another and use something like drbd to replicate it (synchronous if network speed allows, asynchronous otherwise) for high availability.

-Ross