[CentOS] Home Theater Thing

Chris Mauritz chrism at imntv.com
Mon Dec 17 15:25:53 UTC 2007

Aron.Darling at Emulex.Com wrote:
> What is a VCR?

It's an ancient thinking machine typically installed over a television
set (not to be confused with a plasma or LCD screen like we have in
modern times....I'm talking 60kg of honest-to-goodness picture tube, m8)
that was often used to tell time.  Periodically, after a power outage,
its secondary purpose was to summon the eldest born of the clan to chant
some strange incantation while holding a handheld keypad to cajole the
benevolent time spirit back into the device.  You can still sometimes
find them in museums (or my parents house...which is oddly similar to a
museum).  Some people also used them to make copies of talking movies,
but I'm not sure if my folks ever got around to that.  It does, however,
work great for playing a 20 year old copy of the Sands of Iwo Jima,
though it seems to get grainier upon each visit.

Best,