[CentOS] ./configure perfparse -> "configure: error: required library libgd unusable"

Rogelio scubacuda at gmail.com
Mon Dec 17 19:03:37 UTC 2007

On Dec 17, 2007 10:44 AM, Jim Perrin <jperrin at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Dec 17, 2007 1:36 PM, Rogelio <scubacuda at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Those are there:
> >

> > /usr/X11R6/lib/libXpm.so.4.11
> > /usr/X11R6/lib/libXpm.so.4
>
> No,  /usr/X11R6/lib/libXpm.so.4 is different from  /usr/lib/libXpm.so
>
> One is provided by libXpm, which you have, but the file you need is
> provided by libXpm-devel, which you don't.

I did a search, but didn't find that in my repository (and am wondering if I
should just build from rpm?)

yum search libXpm

Searching Packages:
Setting up repositories
225 packages excluded due to repository priority protections

imlib2.i386                              1.2.0-1.2.el4.rf       rpmforge

Matched from:
Imlib2 is an advanced replacement library for libraries like libXpm that
provides many more features with much greater flexibility and speed than
standard libraries, including font rasterization, rotation, RGBA space
rendering and blending, dynamic binary filters, scripting, and more.

I see the libXpm-devel rpm here, but not for CentOS 4.x

http://rpmfind.net/linux/rpm2html/search.php?query=libxpm-devel

And here is one for the i386 platform.  Is that good?

ftp://rpmfind.net/linux/fedora/core/development/i386/os/Fedora/libXpm-devel-3.5.6-1.i386.rpm