[CentOS] Torrent: reminder to use it folks!

Clint Dilks clintd at scms.waikato.ac.nz
Tue Dec 18 00:39:46 UTC 2007

Karanbir Singh wrote:
> Kenneth Porter wrote:
>
>>> We only have the latest (5.1, 4.6) isos on the tracker now.
>>>
>> Does it place much load on the tracker to leave the older torrents listed?
>>

> we've just had a long conversation on the list about exactly what a
> centos minor release means, so keeping that in context - why exactly
> would someone want to download 5.0 when 5.0 + updates is 5.1 ?

Hi,

The main reason I can think of is Disaster Recovery where for some
reason you have lost your own copy of the ISO's used to install a system
and it would be nice to be able to go and download a copy of media you
have actually used to install a system.

That said its not a big issue as the updated version should work, but I
have seen a few posts here indicating issues that were resolved by using
older install media and then updating via yum.