[CentOS] "multi-boot" drive partitioning

Brent L. Bates blbates at vigyan.com
Tue Dec 18 13:19:22 UTC 2007

     One good thing about a spare UNPLUGGED machine is in case of a lightning
strike.  We had a customer site get hit by or near by lighting.  The unplugged
spare wasn't connect in any way shape or form to anything.  No power cord, no
network connections, nothing.  After the strike, they were having problems
with their industrial systems and blamed it on the computers we installed.  We
took the spare system that wasn't plugged into anything, started it up, and
things still didn't work.  This proved that our system wasn't the problem.  It
turned out to be their hardware that didn't have adequate surge protection.

--

  Brent L. Bates (UNIX Sys. Admin.)
  M.S. 912				Phone:(757) 865-1400, x204